Wednesday 21 May 2014

Be patient



Our modern-day life rewards instant gratification and makes everything happen so quickly, sometimes we find ourselves stressing out and losing patience with the more long-term events in life. "Why can't I learn this new skill in 10 min?" "Why can't people see what an amazing person I am, right after they meet me?" "Why have I not climbed up the corporate ladder yet? When will I earn my first million?" "I wish there was some way to find out what my future will be like."

I recently came across this quote :
"Stress makes you believe that everything has to happen right now. Faith reassures you that everything will happen in God's time."
Whether you believe in God or not, I do think this quote holds true.

Life is so unpredictable, and some of the finer things in life do take time to develop. For example, friendship, trust, love, skills to the point of mastery. What good does it do for you to stress out over the lack of visible progress? Getting frustrated is not going to help you progress faster. In fact, quite the contrary. Isn't it better to be calm, do the best you can in that moment, and enjoy the process?

What will be, will be. As long as you have a good goal, and work toward it with fervor and intent, you will eventually become the person you want to be. You also need to accept that circumstances change with time, so be flexible with that too. There is no point worrying (if you are vain, think about the wrinkles!). 
Life is hard enough, please don't make it harder for yourself.

As Yoda once said, "Patience you must have, my young Padawan".

^_^ Happy midweek, everyone!


p.s. Whenever I stress out about my future, I sing this song to myself. Enjoy! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment