Sunday 13 July 2014

The Tutu Project

"It's all about a man, his wife's battle against breast cancer and a pink tutu that brings hope... and helps raise funds for families with breast cancer."

Have you heard of The Tutu Project?

When I first saw the photos of the Tutu Project, I just thought the man had a good sense of humor. But when I read the story behind it, the first thing I thought of was, "This is what true love is. I will support their cause however I can." This was three years ago, and I am still an avid supporter of their cause. I just wanted to share their story so that others can be inspired to help too.

It all started with a woman fighting breast cancer, and her husband doing what he can to make her smile, and to help raise funds for other women too. 

Read about the Carey Foundation here:


Story behind the palm tree photo (featured on their store site): After climbing up the fiberglass tree in South Beach, Bob's limbs tingled for days from all the fiberglass lodged in his skin. 
Stories like these make people like Linda and Bob (founders of the Carey Foundation) so real, it creates a strong bond between us that makes me want to help them all the more.

After all, it's not about the money, but the lives we touch, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment